Hi all. It’s me, Nicole Fallon-Peek, your host of the Sandy Springs Daily — here to tell you everything you need to know about what’s happening in town these days. Let’s have at it.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny. High: 89 Low: 65.
Here are the top three stories today in Sandy Springs:
- A fiery crash shut down portions of Interstate 285 near Sandy Springs on Monday afternoon. The crash occurred in the westbound lane and three individuals were transported to a local hospital for treatment. The Georgia Department of Transportation reports that the fire-damaged portions of the lane will be repaved. (11 Alive)
- Home prices in Sandy Springs increased by 25 percent year on year. The data was provided by the FHFA Division of Research and Statistics. The division created a list of areas with the biggest home price increase in the U.S. and Sandy Springs ranked #15. North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, Florida was ranked in the top spot with a 36.4 percent increase year-on-year. (Newsweek)
- The Fulton County District Attorney is encouraging the Sandy Springs community to stop flaunting wealth on social media platforms. The warning comes amid a RICO investigation into a series of gang-related home invasions and robberies of celebrities. The department has arrested 18 individuals in the case, but five individuals are still out there, according to District Attorney Fani Willis. (Fox 5 Atlanta)
Today in Sandy Springs:
- Children’s Healthcare Of Atlanta Job Fair At CAC Career Center (10:00 AM)
From my notebook:
- Have you got your tickets to the 2022-2023 Studio Series’ Songwriter Showcase? The event is scheduled for Sep. 22 at 8:00 p.m. at Studio Theatre. Click to get your tickets. (City of Sandy Springs)
- Do you where your polling location is for the Nov. 8 General Election? Click to find your polling location, review voter registration, and request an absentee ballot. (Fulton County)
- The Georgia Audubon will be hosting a special program focusing on Georgia’s native owl species on Dec. 3 at 10:00 a.m. The program will be at Morgan Falls Overlook Park. Click to register. (City of Sandy Springs)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
— Nicole Fallon-Peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a journalist and copywriter with a degree in Media, Culture and Communication from New York University. She has served as a freelance reporter, managing editor, copy editor, and editorial director for a variety of B2B news outlets. She currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.