According to new data from whale-surveying platform Whale Alert, crypto whales have abruptly moved over 500 million worth of the top crypto asset by market cap in just 24 hours, the biggest transaction being 6,582 BTC worth $182,629,202 being transferred from an unknown wallet to another.
Other transactions involving the king crypto on Whale Alert’s radar include:
- 5,000 BTC worth $141,189,856 transferred from an unknown crypto wallet to another.
- 3,999 BTC worth $112,874,776 transferred from an unknown crypto wallet to another.
- 2,001 BTC worth $56,883,243 transferred from crypto exchange Gemini to an unknown wallet.
- 1,098 BTC worth $30,517,472 transferred from an unknown wallet to crypto exchange Kraken.
- 1,032 BTC worth $29,153,880 transferred from digital assets exchange Crypto.com to an unknown wallet.
- 1,001 BTC worth $28,455,835 transferred from crypto exchange Gemini to an unknown wallet.
Bitcoin is trading for $27,878 at time of writing, a 1.3% decrease during the last 24 hours.
The whale-tracking platform also notes that high-net-work traders are shifting XRP, the native asset used to operate Ripple Labs’ payments platform. One crypto whale moved a staggering 100,000,000 XRP, worth $53,439,878 at the time, from one unknown wallet to another.
Other notable transactions involving XRP noticed by Whale Alert include:
- 95,000,000 XRP worth $51,699,751 transferred from an unknown crypto wallet to another.
- 31,723,527 XRP worth $17,098,354 transferred from crypto exchange Bitstamp to an unknown wallet.
- 19,000,000 XRP worth $10,198,480 transferred from an unknown wallet to crypto exchange Bitstamp.
XRP is trading for $0.536 at time of writing, a 2.7% dip during the last day.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or digital assets. Please be advised that your transfers and trades are at your own risk, and any loses you may incur are your responsibility. The Daily Hodl does not recommend the buying or selling of any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is The Daily Hodl an investment advisor. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.
Featured Image: Shutterstock/Jovanovic Dejan